Terms & Conditions
Lyons Boats : Terms of Hire
1. A damage waiver deposit of £250 is required by way of credit or debit card details, but will only be used if needed and then destroyed at the end of hire.
2. If for mechanical reasons or any other unforeseen reason which is out of our control, the day boat becomes unavailable, we will try our best to find an alternative or a full refund will be offered to the value of the original payment.
3. We reserve the right to decline or terminate hire of the day boat if we consider it to be unsafe or may cause danger to any persons wishing to board the boat.
4. A maximum of 12 bodies are permitted to be aboard the boat at any one time. Failure to adhere to this rule will result in cancellation of insurance & termination of hire.
5. Full instruction will be given and the person in charge of the hire party must take note of these at all times.
6. Any incidents or accidents must be reported immediately.
7. We hold no responsibility for hirers’ belongings whilst out on hire.
8. All hirers must act in a reasonable and responsible way at all times.
9. No walking along gunwales (sides of the boat) when the boat is moving. Walking on the roof & sitting on the roof are not permitted.
10. Dangling of limbs over the edge while the boat is moving is not permitted and very dangerous.
11. The hirer is responsible for the safety of themselves and their passengers at all times.
12. We will not be held responsible for any loss, damage or injury caused by events or misuses which are out of our control.
13. No one under the age of 21 should be allowed to steer the vessel.
14. Hiring times are between 9am to 5pm unless otherwise agreed. Late returns of the day boat will incur a charge of £25.00 per 15 minutes thereafter. Please allow plenty of time to get back.
15. We do not allow ‘Booze Cruises’ under any circumstances and reserve the right to refuse access to the boat if we consider the party to be of that nature. There will be no refund offered.